Friday, June 20, 2008

Abraham, preface

As some of you know, last year around this time my son (who was 17 months old at the time) had to have open heart surgery to repair an Atrial Septal Defect (ASD). Countless people have said to me: "I don't know how you got through it." But get through it we did. The anniversary of his surgery is coming up on the 25th. To commemorate the occasion, starting tomorrow I'll be posting a series of articles describing what the whole ordeal looked like from my perspective as this amazing little guy's dad.

Maybe it's a bit self-indulgent. But that's what blogs are for, no? My hope though is that some of you might be reading this having found it while you were researching your own kid's condition. I won't say it's not scary. I just wanted to describe what it looks like from both sides - the before and after. So anyway, tune in tomorrow for the first installment of the series I'm calling "Abraham". The reason for the title will become more evident as the series progresses.

Next: Discovery

Other installments: Preface, Discovery, Fear, Choices, Anticipation, The Knife's Edge, Just Breathe, Recovery, Home, Epilogue

No comments:

www.flickr.com