Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Reading >> Writing

My current Google Reader trends:
From your 314 subscriptions, over the last 30 days you read 10,269 items, starred 7 items, and shared 43 items.

Coupled with:
Your reading list has no unread items.
I'm not sure if I should be happy or not. Happy that I've read a lot, and that the queue is empty. And for what it's worth -- I've left Bloglines behind in favor of Google Reader. It was the trends stuff that did it for me. And the most recent changes to the Google Reader UI made it way more usable. Keyboard shortcuts rock.

Aside for the suggestion box: It'd be really cool if there was a Google News-style clustering to articles. One of the downsides of being subscribed to multiple searches from multiple sources (e.g., Technorati, Google Blogsearch) is that you can wind up with a good bit of redundancy.

On the flip side, now what? A couple years ago there was an ad for some broadband ISP that had a guy who "finished" the internet due to the provider's superior download speeds. I must admit, I kinda felt like that for a minute. "That's it, I've read it all." But, the net being what it is, it didn't take long for new posts to show up. Naturally, all this probably means I'm a candidate for a Chinese Internet Addiction Camp. I wonder if they take bookings online?

No comments:

www.flickr.com