Monday, November 6, 2006

Looking up

Got home from work tonight and my wife told me I needed to go next door to collect our daughter from her friends' house. On the 60-foot walk between our two front doors coming back, I happened to look up and saw something almost as bright as Jupiter moving directly overhead. Then I remembered that when I looked at Heavens Above a couple weeks ago that the ISS would be flying over around that time this week. So my daughter and I shared our first sighting of the space station together on our front steps just out of sheer coincidence. She summed it up best: "You mean that's way up in space? Cool!" So to Thomas Reiter, Michael Lopez-Alegria, and Mikhail Tyurin -- if you saw somebody waving to you this evening as you flew over the Northeast US, that was us.

No comments:

www.flickr.com